Several Polling Locations Changed for Tuscaloosa County
With the General Election quickly approaching, Probate Judge Rob Robertson, the chairman of the Tuscaloosa County Commission, is reminding voters that a few polling locations have changed in the area.
Both temporary and permanent changes have been made in the past year by the County Commission, shifting the locations of several voting precincts. Robertson wishes to remind voters:
- Ward 24 (PERMANENT): WAS Hold Elementary School -- 1001 Crescent Ridge Rd NE
- MOVED TO Soma Church -- 212 44th Ct NE Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
- Ward 45 (TEMPORARY): WAS Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church -- 128 29th St E
- MOVED TO Grace Presbyterian Church -- 113 Hargrove Road Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Ward 54 (PERMANENT): WAS Fosters-Ralph Fire Department Sation 2 -- 17119 Ralph Loop Road
- MOVED TO Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church at 15882 Wesley Chapel Road Ralph, AL 35480
As far as absentee ballots are concerned, as of Thursday morning, 316,130 ballots have been requested, and 259,201 ballots have been successfully returned. That's approximately 15,000 more ballots requested and 20,000 more ballots returned in a single day, according to figures released by Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill.
Thursday is also the last day to apply for an absentee ballot for the general election.
An online application for voting absentee can be found here. Additionally, voters can visit or call their local absentee election manager's office.
For Tuscaloosa County, voters can visit the Circuit Clerk's Office at 714 Greensboro Ave. Suite 214 Tuscaloosa, AL 35401. For more information, check out this story from the Tuscaloosa Thread.
The last day to return an absentee ballot is by close of business on Monday, November 2nd.
Alabama voters can check their polling location at any time by checking online at the Alabama Votes website.
Polls for the General Election will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on November 3rd.