West Alabama Severe Weather Closings and Delays for Tuesday, May 4
The threat of severe weather across Alabama has caused several area school systems to change their schedules.
Closings and delays for Tuesday, May 4, are as follows:
- Greene: Virtual Learning only
- Hale County: Dismissing at 11:30 a.m.
- Lamar: Closed
- Marion: Closed
- Pickens: Dismissing at 11:30 a.m.
- Tuscaloosa City Schools: elementary schools, including Tuscaloosa Magnet Schools and the Alberta School of Performing Arts, will dismiss at 11:30 a.m. Middle schools will dismiss at noon. High schools and S.T.A.R.S. Academy will dismiss at 12:30 p.m.
- DCH Vaccination Site: Closing at noon. Anyone who has a vaccination appointment after that time will have their appointment automatically rescheduled for the same time on Thursday, May 6.
- Tuscaloosa County Schools: All county schools will dismiss all students at 12:30 pm.
- Shelton State Community College: Both campuses will close at 12:30 p.m.
Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa's Operation Storm Watch is brought to you by Safe-T Shelter. Visit their website here to see their selection of residential and commercial safe rooms and storm shelters. To contact a Safe-T Shelter representative, click here to visit their Facebook page.
Check out the latest radar models here:
If a tornado warning is issued in our area, Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa Operation Storm Watch will provide you with live and local team coverage, including wall-to-wall weather with James Spann.
To view the latest weather updates and information, click here.