University of Alabama Schedules Spring Commencement Ceremonies
The University of Alabama has scheduled dates for three days of socially distanced spring commencement ceremonies set to kick off on April 30th.
In a Tuesday press release, a University spokesperson said more than 5,000 spring graduates will receive degrees during nine ceremonies spanning three days.
Each event will be hosted at Coleman Coliseum and will feature the "extensive safety protocols" put in place for commencement ceremonies last August and December, including physical distancing, mandatory face coverings. sanitization stations and more.
All graduates will be granted four digital tickets to invite guests to the ceremony, and each group of guests must arrive and sit together.
The schedule for celebrations is as follows:
Friday, April 30
• 3:30 p.m. – College of Communications and Information Sciences and School of Social Work
• 7 p.m. – College of Engineering
Saturday, May 1
• 8:30 a.m. – College of Arts and Sciences, last names A-K
• 12 p.m. – College of Arts and Sciences, last names L-Z
• 3:30 p.m. – College of Education and Capstone College of Nursing
• 7 p.m. – Colleges of Human Environmental Sciences and Community Health Sciences
Sunday, May 2
• 8:30 a.m. – Culverhouse College of Business, last names A-G
• 12 p.m. – Culverhouse College of Business, last names H-O
• 3:30 p.m. – Culverhouse College of Business, last names P-Z
For more information, including webcast details, parking information, lodging details and more, visit UA’s Commencement website.
KEEP READING: Here are the best places to retire in America