Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama Announces Leadership Tuscaloosa Class of 2021-22
The Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama has announced its newest class of local business leaders to participate in Leadership Tuscaloosa.
Participants get a deep look at the area's "economic, social, historical and political issues and needs," according to the Chamber's website.
"It is the intent of Leadership Tuscaloosa to provide a foundation of such knowledge that potential leaders can use to aid their involvement and success in community endeavors," the Chamber's website reads. "Our goal is to make each selected participant more aware of and sensitive to the wide range of needs and opportunities in the community through shared experiences with a cross section of highly capable fellow citizens."
Below is the full list of Leadership Tuscaloosa participants:
- Rachel Aaron, JamisonMoneyFarmer, PC
- Alyson Baxter, The University of Alabama
- Labrisca Blakney, Bryant Bank
- Kalissa Bormann, Tuscaloosa's One Place, Inc.
- Tamara Croom, Tuscaloosa County EMA
- Allison Curington, The University of Alabama
- Ciara Daniel, Embassy Suites Downtown Tuscaloosa
- Margaret Desjarlais, City of Tuscaloosa
- Mamadou Diop, Amazon
- Steve Diorio, WVUA 23
- Joseph Eatmon, Shelton State Community College
- Brittany Floyd, Alabama ONE
- Eric Gaines, RE101
- Tyshawn Gardner, Stillman College
- Kat Gillan, The University of Alabama
- Alicia Gregory, Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama
- Estella Hare, City of Tuscaloosa
- Kim Harwood, Carrie Fitts Real Estate, LLC
- Billy Howard, McAbee Construction, Inc.
- Allen Johnson, Buffalo Rock Company/Pepsi-Cola
- Loretta Jones, Tuscaloosa Tourism and Sports
- April Jones, Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Jasmine Knox, Kristen Amerson Youth Foundation, Inc.
- Colby Knox, Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc.
- Jonathan Koh, Shelton State Community College
- Courtney LeCroy, LeCroy Richardson, PC
- Leah May, E&A Team, Inc
- Audrey McShan, Bryce Hospital
- Philip Mullin, Gulf Supreme of Central Alabama
- Anna Beth Northington, Bama Exterminating
- Rohen Porbanderwala, Trademart 1
- Andrew Scarbrough, Echols, Taylor & Associates, PC
- Darren Segura, AC Hotel Tuscaloosa Downtown
- Ruth Simpson, Blue Water Vinyl
- Will Sledge, Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc.
- Howard Speights, Howard's Truck & Auto Repair
- Tricia Stone, Carrie Fitts Real Estate, LLC
- Casey Suchocki, The Builders Group
- Virginia White, Crunch Fitness
- Alexis Wilson, Community Service Programs of West Alabama, Inc.
- Dominique Yancey
Billy Kirkpatrick, the CEO of Five Horizons Health Services, was selected to serve as the group's chair. Kirkpatrick graduated from Leadership Tuscaloosa in 2015 and is an active member of the Leadership Tuscaloosa Alumni Association.
Leadership Tuscaloosa is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama. According to a news release from the Chamber, the program "provides a foundation for potential leaders to be involved and thrive in the community."
"Through networking and intentional programming, each participant will become more aware of and sensitive to the wide range of opportunities in Tuscaloosa County in an effort to meet the community’s need for informed, responsible and effective leadership," the release stated.
For more on Leadership Tuscaloosa, click here.