School Closings and Cancellations for Thursday, March 25
Forecasts predict widespread severe storms across most of Alabama Thursday. Threats include violent, long-track tornadoes and damaging winds in excess of 80 miles an hour.
The following school closings and/or cancellations have been announced for Thursday, March 25.
- Tuscaloosa County Schools: remote learning only
- Tuscaloosa City Schools: remote asynchronous learning Thursday; in-person classes Friday (more information on this change can be found HERE)
- Birmingham City Schools: remote learning only
- Hale County Schools: remote learning only
- Shelton State Community College: CLOSED
- University of Alabama: CLOSED from 12 p.m. Thursday Until 5 a.m. Friday
- Children's Hands-On Museum: Closing at 11:30
- Tuscaloosa County Courthouse, Annex, and Tag Offices: Closing at Noon
- Tuscaloosa Public Library: all branches closing at 11 am
Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa's Operation Storm Watch is brought to you by Safe-T Shelter. Visit their website here to see their selection of residential and commercial safe rooms and storm shelters. To contact a Safe-T Shelter representative, click here to visit their Facebook page.
Check out the latest radar models here:
If a tornado warning is issued in our area, Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa Operation Storm Watch will provide you with live and local team coverage, including wall-to-wall weather with James Spann.
To view the latest weather updates and information, click here.