Infant Injured in Sunday Drive-By Dies, Bringing Death Toll to 2
A 2-year-old child who was injured during a drive-by shooting near a park in West Tuscaloosa has died, bringing the incident's death toll to two victims.
Marty Sellers, the co-commander of the multi-agency Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit, alerted local media to the shooting just after 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
Investigators said the shooting took place near Freemon Park in west Tuscaloosa.
Tuscaloosa Mayor Walt Maddox called the shooting "senseless" in a Facebook post, and said the suspects were previously known to law enforcement. He said the Tuscaloosa Police Department will work relentlessly to catch those responsible.
The victims killed have not yet been identified publicly, but police said one was a male in his 20's and the second was a 2-year-old child who was critically injured in the shooting and died later Sunday night.
No further details were available at the time of the publication of this story. Stay connected to the Tuscaloosa Thread for updates as they come in.