Chamber Honors Kelsey Rush as 2020 Member of the Year at Annual Dinner
The Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama recognized its top volunteers of 2020 during its 120th annual awards celebration Thursday evening. The Chamber also recognized two individuals for their exceptional work in the past year.
Kelsey Rush, Marketing and Communications Director at Tuscaloosa Tourism and Sports, was named the 2020 Charles H. Land Member of the Year, which is the Chamber's highest award an individual can receive. Rush was selected because of her volunteer efforts while serving on the Chamber's Board of Directors, in addition to serving on the Chamber's Executive Committee as Vice-Chair of Communications and Marketing.
"A committed community volunteer, Rush has worked with non-profits throughout the area, including the United Way of West Alabama, Tuscaloosa’s One Place, and Habitat for Humanity," a Thursday press release stated.
Rush has previously served as the Vice President of Marketing at Bryant Bank, where she worked with their Adopt-A-School partner. As a Chamber volunteer, she coordinated with the Small Business Relief Fund, Let's Keep West Alabama Working campaign, and the Young Tuscaloosa Program.
"Her willingness to tackle a range of issues that face not only our Chamber but the community make her an incredible asset," said Jim Page, President and CEO of the Chamber, in the release. "Her level of commitment is only surpassed by her talent and her vision."
In addition to Rush's achievements, the Chamber also award this year's Chairman's Leadership Award to longtime community banker Mark Sullivan. Similarly, Sullivan also gave his time assisting the Chamber's Small Business Relief Fund in order to deliver swift relief to local businesses in West Alabama during the early months of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Additional individuals and organizations were awarded during the ceremony, including:
- The Robert C. Tanner Corporate Service Award, which recognizes corporate leadership and community service in West Alabama, was presented to BFGoodrich Tire Manufacturing
- The Diverse Business Council Trailblazer Award was presented to Michele Coley with Allstate Coley Agency
- The Non-Profit of the Year Award was presented to the West Alabama Food Bank
- Two Distinguished Service Awards were presented to Mildred Black of People Optimum Consulting, and Daniel Bradshaw of the Tuscaloosa Association of Realtors
- The H. Pettus Randall Entrepreneurial Rising Star award was presented to Jackson Carpenter of Tankr
- The H. Pettus Randall Entrepreneur of the Year Award was presented to Luke Cox of Your Golf Superstore