West Alabama Chamber of Commerce Announces Several New Leadership Positions
As Jim Page, the President and CEO of the Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama, prepares to transition out of his role to take a job in North Alabama, he announced several promotions and new appointments within the organization Tuesday.
Page said he is very proud to make the appointments and welcome a new member to the team.
"As the chamber embarks on a transition process due to my impending departure, these changes will help ensure continuity of leadership and accountability among the staff in the daily operations of the organization," Page said in a release. "Part of the peace of mind I have in stepping away from the role of president and CEO is knowing what an incredibly talented and dedicated group of professionals we have in place at the chamber."
The following appointments were made:
- Brittani Colburn was promoted to Deputy Executive Director of West AlabamaWorks! where she will continue to support Donny Jones, Executive Director of West AlabamaWorks!, and volunteer leadership, as well as oversee all internal operations of the workforce development initiatives of the chamber and West AlabamaWorks!
- Tracy Crumpton has been promoted to Senior Director of Finance and Administration where she will continue to lead the financial and human resources functions of the chamber, West AlabamaWorks!, and all related entities.
- Barkley Garrett’s title has changed to Vice President of Economic and Community Development, which reflects the additional community development and quality of life initiatives he now coordinates as part of the chamber’s "ALL IN" strategic plan.
- Alicia Gregory has been promoted to Senior Director of Programs and Operations, where she will continue to lead many of the chamber’s programs and events, as well as oversee all communications, marketing, and membership development efforts.
- Tanya Winstead’s title has changed to Director of Membership and Investor Relation, where she will continue to lead all membership recruitment and resource development efforts, as well as serve as the primary staff liaison for the investors of the chamber’s "ALL IN" strategic plan and capital campaign.
- Marlee Williams recently joined the chamber staff as Executive Assistant to the President and CEO, where she will provide administrative support to the chamber’s senior staff and volunteer leadership, serve as the primary staff liaison for the chamber’s board of directors, and coordinate daily operations of the chamber’s West Alabama Workforce and Community Development Center.
Stay connected to the Tuscaloosa Thread for future updates happening with the Chamber of Commerce.