Tuscaloosa County Commission to Host Annual Spring Clean-Up Day on April 29
Residents will have a chance to drop off no longer needed items at various locations throughout Tuscaloosa County during the annual "Spring Clean-Up Day."
The Tuscaloosa County Commission will host the event on April 29 where residents are encouraged to clean out their closets, attics, garage and other storage spaces, giving them a way to properly dump items, such as clothes, shoes and household appliances.
According to a release, multiple collection containers will be placed throughout the county's four district where all items except hazardous waste and household garbage will be accepted.
Items can be disposed of at the following locations:
Commission District 1:
- 13600 Highway 82 W (Camp Coker)
- 17504 Finnell Road (Camp Samantha)
- Highway 171 / Montgomery VFD / Ballfield Parking Lot
Commission District 2:
- Jerry Tingle Activity Center (21973 Highway 216)
- Highway 216 / Keenes Mill Road (5826 Keenes Mill Road)
- Coaling Fire Department (15150 Highway 11 N)
Commission District 3:
- Big Sandy Elementary School (11950 Upper Hull Road)
- Englewood Elementary School (10300 Old Greensboro Road)
- Maxwell Elementary School (11370 Monticello Drive)
Commission District 4:
- Foster’s Grocery Store (13474 Highway 11 S)
- Buhl Elementary School (11968 Buhl School Road)
- Intersection of Pearson Circle and Unity Road
Equipment and bags will be available for individuals and community groups that would like to participate in a countywide community litter pickup by contacting the Solid Waste Department at 205-464-8216.