West Alabama Chamber Honors Terry Saban, Names Michele Coley Member of the Year
The Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama recognized Terry Saban with the Chariman's Leadership Award at its annual celebration Thursday, and awarded Michele Coley with the title of "Member of the Year."
The Chamber held its 121st annual awards ceremony Thursday, naming Coley of Allstate Coley Agency the Charles H. Land Member of the Year, which is the highest honor the Chamber can present to an individual member.
Coley, who serves on the Chamber's Board of Directors and was recently named the 2023 board chair, has been an active volunteer within the organization. She's involved in several local organizations including serving on the City of Tuscaloosa Elevate Advisory Council, The University of Alabama College of Continuing Studies Board of Visitors and is also a member of the City's Zoning Board of Adjustment.
She serves on the Chamber's Executive Committee as Vice Chair, Leadership and Community Development and notably was instrumental in the revitalization of the Diverse Business Council and the Women's Leadership Alliance.
"Michele Coley is fully dedicated to serving the West Alabama community, and the Chamber is fortunate to have her on our team," said Jim Page, President and CEO of the Chamber. "Her passion for the community is unmatched and she will continue to be an asset to West Alabama."
At the same ceremony, Terry Saban was presented with the Chairman's Leadership Award, due to her service to the West Alabama community. She has been heavily involved with initiatives like Habitat for Humanity, the Nick's Kids Foundation, and most recently partnered with the City of Tuscaloosa to spearhead development of the Saban Center, a state-of-the-art interactive children's learning center.
Below is a list of other award recipients from the evening:
- The Robert C. Tanner Corporate Service Award was presented to DCH Health System. This award recognizes the corporate leadership, philanthropic efforts and community service by a member entity in the West Alabama region
- The Ambassador of the Year Award was presented to Whitni Molden of Hotel Capstone
- The Diverse Business Council Trailblazer Award was presented to District 7 City Councilman Cassius Lanier, owner of Lanier Automotive
- The Non-Profit of the Year Award was presented to the Whatley Health Services
- The Distinguished Service Awards were presented to Kim Ingram of Hayed Ingram, LLC and Dr. Billy Kirkpatrick of Five Horizons Health Services. The awards recognize individuals who demonstrated outstanding community leadership
- The H. Pettus Randal Entrepreneurial Rising Star Award was presented to Rebecca Patterson and Taylor Pearce of Gourmade Kitchen
- The H. Pettus Randall Entrepreneur of the Year Award was presented to Inge Beeker of Beeker Property Group.