Tuscaloosa County Emergency Management Agency Hosts Holiday Food Drive
The Tuscaloosa County Emergency Management Agency has partnered with the Compassion Coalition to host a food drive to benefit those in need this holiday season.
Donation boxes have been placed at public offices across the county, and residents are urged to bring items to help feed those in Tuscaloosa County struggling with food insecurity. Boxes are currently available at these locations:
- Northport Fire Station #4, 4900 Rose Boulevard
- Northport Civic Center, 3500 McFarland Boulevard
- Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office, 714 1/2 Greensboro Avenue
- Tuscaloosa Fire Station #7, 141 Skyland Boulevard
- Tuscaloosa Fire Station #11, Covered Bridge Road in Vance
Non-perishable food items are needed for the food drive. The most requested items include canned goods, grits, canned meats, peanut butter, pasta, macaroni and cheese, jelly, and spaghetti sauce. Donors are encouraged to avoid any items in glass jars.
The "Mitigate Hunger" Food Drive will continue through Monday, December 14th.